Friday 4 March 2016

My Peer Mediator Process



My Reflection:
I have been learning how to be a Peer Mediator and use those skills to solve problems outside of school. We had a script and we performed a little skit with 2 people fighting and a Peer Mediator coming and helping solve the problem. In this video I was the Peer Mediator. First I introduced myself, then I asked if they wanted help to solve the problem, then I told them the 4 rules; no interrupting, no name calling or put downs, be as honest as you can and try to solve the problem. After they agreed, I ask the first person what happened and how they felt, then I did the same with the other person. Then I asked how the problem could be solved and then they solved it! Finally, they shook hands and were friends again! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your expertise in this has been invaluable in helping me teach the class these skills. Thank you!