Thursday 16 June 2016

Grid Value Portrait

Last term our class started to make Grid Value Portrait, inspired by Chuck Close. We had to learn about value colours and how light or dark patterns can be depending on how close or far apart they are. We learnt about taking our line for a walk, making spaces on our paper to practise the different patterns we could use. We had to get our pictures taken while standing in a pose to copy off.

After the pictures were printed we got a piece of paper and we had to rule grid lines on it. After we ruled the lines then we did light patterns that were far apart for the white background. The pictures were black and white so it was easy to choose whether to do a light or dark pattern. After doing the background I traced my head and hair. That for me was about the hardest part of the drawing. I did the outlining of the whole picture first then I did the patterns. (the easy part)

Each square had a different pattern. We spent lots of afternoons and spare time finishing the art. It was hard to think of new patterns for every single square but I used the same patterns 2 or 3 times but not close together. After it was finished it looked really cool. But it did take a really long time. It was hard but I finished. (Eventually)

No comments: