Thursday 19 November 2015

Reading Follow-up - Thumbelina

A List Of Similes, Adjectives and Adverbs From The Story:  Thumbelina


Similes:
  • It glittered like fire in the dark


Adjectives:
  • Little
  • Farmer’s
  • Beautiful
  • Golden-colored
  • Pretty
  • Large
  • Wet
  • Ugly
  • Water-lily
  • Poor
  • Good
  • Old
  • Sweet
  • Phosphorescent
  • Long
  • Dark
  • Purple
  • Green
  • White

Adverbs:
  • Easily
  • Assembled
  • Presently
My Reflection:
I have been learning to find adjectives, adverbs and similes in stories. I read  Thumbelina. Then I made a list of all the similes, adjectives and adverbs. This was a reading activity. It took a while to read the whole story and stop to write down the words onto my list, but it was the story wasn’t that bad, I guess. My next step is to add adjectives to my own stories.

No comments: