Thursday 19 November 2015

Te Tuhi Trip-Making a Callage


My Reflection:
I have been learning about collages. I went on a trip with Room 29 to Te Tuhi to learn about them and make one. The picture above is my collage, but I didn't have enough time to finish it. For my collage, I used paint, colored paper and pictures from old calendars, just like everyone else. 

We started with a piece of paper, then we got some smaller and colored pieces to stick on our page, but we could only use about 3 or 4 pieces. 

After that we got given pictures from calendars and a ink pad kind of thing. Then we all got a pencil and but the calendar piece on top of the ink pad, then traced the pencil around what we wanted on our collage.
When we had done tracing, there was ink on our paper from the tracing.

After that we cut out the picture we traced before and stuck it on our paper, we were expose to put it over where we traced but I accidentally moved mine half way through tracing it, so you would be able to see ink on around my picture and it would look strange, so I put my lizard on top of the ink in a type of angle so you could see the ink but I also put it in a way so you couldn't see that the ink was a little out of shape. 

My next step is to use different materials to make my collage.

No comments: